Gutter Cleaning FAQ
FAQs About Gutter Cleaning
Gutter Cleaning is an essential item on the maintenance list for any building. Making sure that gutters are clean, clear and unblocked is one of the chores that we here at AMAC Window Cleaning carries out efficiently and effectively for our clients in and around Chippenham in Wiltshire.
As with all of our services, we get asked a lot of questions about gutter cleaning, so we’ve put together this batch of frequently asked questions which we hope will go a long way towards answering all your queries about our Chippenham gutter cleaning service.
If there’s still more you’d like to know, don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Q: How often should I have my gutters cleaned?
A: We’d recommend having your gutters cleaned out at least once a year. It’s best to clean out the debris from gutters after the autumn and winter, but before the advent of spring rains. If your property is overhung with a lot of deciduous trees it’s preferable to have them cleaned out more often.
Q: How do I know my gutters need cleaning?
A: You’ll know when your gutters are clogged up when you spot signs and symptoms like:
- Water overflowing from your gutters when it rains
- Plants have taken root and are sprouting in the gutters
- Water is not coming down the downspout when it rains
- The weight of the debris built up in the gutters causes them to sag
- Clogged gutters often split, break or separate from the roofline
- Water stains appear on the walls, cladding or siding beneath the gutters
Q: Why Should I have my Gutters cleaned?
The consequences of not making sure your gutters are cleaned out regularly can be dire. For instance blocked, overflowing gutters can result in an increased risk of:
- Structural damage, particularly to the foundations of the building, caused by water overflowing from the gutters and pooling at the base of the walls, seeping into the foundations.
- Roof damage – inevitable if water continually pools in the roof when it can’t escape via the guttering. Tiles are weakened, timbers can rot, and a leaky roof and mouldy interior walls can be the result.
- Pest infestation, because clogged gutters are an ideal damp breeding ground for various insects and even small rodents.
- Fire – yes, gutter debris can actually be a fire hazard, made up as it is of fallen leaves and twigs. All it takes is a spark.
Q: What is the cost of gutter cleaning?
A: Our rates for gutter and fascia cleaning with our SkyVac equipment start at £100 for a two-bed semi house, rising to £150 for a large town house. Contact Us for a specific quote for your property. We give discounts for including a conservatory or solar panel clean with your gutter cleaning.
Q: Do you use ladders or scaffolding to reach the gutters for cleaning?
A: No, we don’t have to leave the ground. We use the latest SkyVac system which consists of high-reach vacuums with a mobile power plant, with video cameras attached, which are operated by specially trained staff who can efficiently clear gutters and downpipes on multi-storey buildings.
Q: Do you clean the outside of guttering too, and how about downpipes?
A: Yes, we clean out the inside of the gutters and downpipes, and brighten up the outside – in fact we leave the whole roofline – including fascias and soffits – looking rejuvenated and clean as well as improving its functionality.